Alloy Gravity Separator - Primary Clarifier
Alloy has been building the Gravity Separator for wastewater treatment for over 40 years. From a basic primary clarifier to a full blown D.A.F cell, the Alloy Gravity Separator covers the full range. The main benefit reported by customer is reducing wastewater surcharges through the reduction of BOD (biological oxygen demand), TSS (total suspended solids) and FOG (fats, oils and greases). The Basic Gravity Separator operates as a primary clarifier and ships Aeration Ready. Aeration is the next logical step increasing removal rates of FOG and TSS. Addition of chemicals converts your Gravity Separator to a D.A.F. system. Depending on the industry and the application, customers refer to the Alloy Gravity Separator in many different terms and use it for different reasons, such as:
Wastewater Primary Clarifier
Skimmer or Fat Skimmer
DAF system (dissolved aeration floatation)
Primary water separator
Wastewater Gravity Separator
Water clarification tank
Alloy has experimented with several aeration systems and found that our dispersed aeration system gives the most "bang for the buck" in terms of the ability to reduce BOD, COD, FOG and TSS with low operating cost and initial investment.
There are three niche markets where Alloy has excelled with the Gravity Separator product:
- It is an extremely cost effective solution if used as a wastewater primary clarifier for customers who do not have wastewater treatment in their facility. The low cost and excellent removal rates coupled with service free operation are a hard combination to beat. With municipalities continuing to increase their wastewater surcharges, the return on investment for customers who do not otherwise treat the water is unbeatable.
- Customers who have extensive wastewater clarification systems purchase the Alloy Gravity Separator to reduce loadings on existing DAF and secondary systems such as lagoons, and reduce chemical costs.
- Many customers add an aeration system and use chemicals for maximum results and utilize Gravity Separator as the total wastewater solution. Several customers have purchased multiple units and remove heavy solids in the first tank, and TSS and FOG in the second tank. We have customers who achieve extremely low permit values for all three components (BOD, TSS and FOG) utilizing Gravity Separators in series with chemical addition.
Gravity Separator Features:
- Low Investment for Rapid Return On Investment
- Reduces FOG
- Reduces BOD/COD
- Reduces TSS
- Recovers Product for Processing
- Self Cleaning
- Top and Bottom Drag
- Dual Drag, Top and Bottom Removing Float AND Solids
- Sized to your process
- Multiple Configurations per size
1,000 Gallon to 80,000 Gallon - Shipped Complete
Larger Sizes Shipped for Site Assembly